Lake Anza – Berkeley
10 Bedrock Mortars hidden above the lake in Tilden Park.
The lake was created by the construction of the C L Tilden Park Dam in 1938. It was named by the East Bay Regional Park Board in honor of Spanish explorer Juan Bautista de Anza.
We’d prefer not to comment on the naming issues.
The lake was not there when this site was in use. Probably a feeder spring for Wildcat Creek nearby.